01 October 2012

Day 109: Politics as a Double-Faced Game


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that if I change the face/the appearance of something, that that something actually changed.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that to change the form of something does not mean that that something actually changed.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that any political reforms can get away with changing the form/face/appearance of the government and way of ruling, but in its essential character can remain unchanged.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be satisfied with numbers and superficial facts of how elections are being held in African countries and opposition parties are allowed to be formed, etc. - without looking further than the surface and actually investigating what the practicaly daily living reality is of the politics in Africa - where corruption and neopatrimonialism contitute the rules of the game.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that the international community is genuine in its efforts to facilitate the democratic transition in Africa instead of looking at what they have to gain from this change - where states and economies are being assimilated to the ones in the rest of the world, and so facilitating globalisation, which is a necessity for continued exploitation of the developing nations.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to question why the international community is turning a blind eye to these virtual democracies, where, despite international monitoring of elections, the results are often invalid and the result of rigging and manipulation - where the international community proves that they don't really care about the well-being of the local populations, but only care to uphold an appearance of care - allowing them to entrench themselves further in the policy making of foreign states, giving them more control over their economies and, thus, resources.

I commit myself to change the interaction between nations from being tricks and manipulation, to genuine communication and support.

I commit myself to encourage people to see the hidden agreements and interactions happening within politics.

I commit myself to stop politics from being a double-faced game where what it seems is never what it really is, as what it really is is always driven by self-interest and personal gratification.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment