15 July 2012

Day 44: Homo Economicus & The Invisible Hand - Part 2

 See Day 43: Homo Economicus & The Invisible Hand for Context

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have defined 'rationality' as the ability of only behaving and acting within a way which maximizes personal utility within self-interest

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to ever question the definition of 'rationality' within the context of the human and the role of the human within the economic system -- as I have never accepted and allowed myself to question my own self-interest and whether serving and pursuing this self-interest is in fact of any value and worthwhile pursuing within the context of what is Best for All

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define and characterize the human as being a 'rational' being -- where I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that this 'rationality' gives the human as a being a higher status than for instance animals -- and within that I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that everything is in reverse -- where the animal is in fact superior to the human for being able to consider others besides oneself, but where we've accepted and allowed ourselves to see 'caring about others' as weak and standing in the way of survival -- so we rather put up a tough front and present ourselves all 'rational' as if this rationality has any value, while it doesn't -- as this type of rationality as self-centered behaviour only accentuates how limited we've accepted and allowed ourselves to be and become, where we've become these 'one-track-minded' beings who only care about their own self-interest and do not care about the consequences which result from pursuing one's self interest -- and believe that there is no way that we can all work together

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the human is special in comparison to other Life Forms on Earth such as animals and plants -- and since I believe myself as a human to be special, our self-centered, egotistical, selfish behaviour must be special -- and thus this self-interested tendency ought to be cherished and used as a guideline for how things are done in this world, since I have accepted and allowed  myself to believe that I am a human and the Universe revolves around me, and everything which exists is here for me to use as I please within my Pursuit of Happiness -- and thus I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to stand still for a moment and look/investigate how my actions within pursuing my goal as satisfying my self interest is harming/affecting others, as I have accepted and allowed myself to have been blinded by the light of my own perceived specialness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that us humans are perfect just the way we are -- God created us this way, so we must be perfect, so we must act upon our nature -- and within that I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take human nature for granted -- where I have never ever accepted and allowed myself to really look at what it is we as humans exist as and how our nature affects the Entire Earth -- as otherwise I would have seen that this nature is in fact nasty, as it only cares about itself and nothing and no-one else

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to look beyond my preconceived ideas about what it is 'to be human' where I took our very nature as self-interested beings completely for granted, and used it without questioning as the measuring stick for everything and everyone in this world -- where everything has been assigned value according to our wants, needs and desires within self-interest within the belief that we are the center of the Universe and that we are perfect by default

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the world and the state it currently exists within and as, would not have been brought about by 'perfect' beings -- and so, it must be that we are imperfect beings -- who require to correct and change themselves to a form of perfection as Responsibility towards all Life -- so we can sort out the mess we've created in our Delusion of self Grandeur

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the definition/characterization of the human as inherently self-interested

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that we as humans do not have to live by this characterization -- but that we can change our nature to whatever it is we want it to be, and thus it would make the most sense to change our nature to What is Best for All -- as this would be starting point/principle which will bring about the best possible version of this reality, where no-one has to suffer and where all are taken care of equally!

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not question the nature of the human, and instead use this nature as the starting point for our economic system -- where all systems and structures are built around this one point: people will do what will serve them and only them best -- and where incentives as manipulation are put into place to direct the activity of humans towards what the Leaders within this world think is best -- but now, these Leaders are also just self-interested selfish beings, so obviously they are going to put structures and incentives in place which will serve them best! And so the illusion of choice is created where apparently the ordinary man on the street has a 'choice' in what he/she can do -- and where he/she will always opt for what suits him/herself best -- without seeing and realising that this is not real Free Choice as the options which had been made available, were carefully selected by the Leaders and presented in such a way that you will do what you think is best for you, but only within that limited window of choice which had been demarcated for you, so it is not really what is best or what you want , but only that which was best within that moment within the options available, the options which were made available to you -- and is thus in fact very limited, and where these choices will always end up serving the interest of the leaders while giving you the illusion that you are also serving your own self-interest, and can have the experience of being a 'winner'-- without seeing or realising what actually goes on in terms of the bigger picture/game at play -- but we won't care and so we won't see because we believed we got ourselves 'the best deal'

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise, that the current economic system clearly confirms that the human is but an organic robot -- and if you push the right buttons / provide the right input / incentives -- they will do exactly that which you want them to do

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the Invisible Hand theory is flawed, as one's self-interest can only bring about a world that's Best for All if everyone has the same point of self-interest and where we all agree on this One point as what matters is that which is Best for All -- but we don't agree on this and only care about our own self-interest and what we think is RIGHT, and everyone else is WRONG and I'm not going to cooperate with anyone who has a different view on things than me, because I am right and I am better, they are wrong, they are less -- why should I care about them and their wellbeing?!

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the Invisible Hand theory can only work if everyone gets the fuck out of their egos and agrees on what really matters as the physical dimension of this reality which we all share and are bound by -- within the realisation that we only have this one Home as Earth which we all share, and if we share Earth unequally everyone is going to be affected in a way that's not Best for All -- so we should share the Earth in a responsible way where none are left out and all are taken care of because we want to be taken care of and so we shouldn't create a world where others are in positions which we would not want to be in -- where there are currently MORE positions within the world that we DON'T want to live than there are positions that we DO want to live -- which clearly indicates that we have a lot of work ahead of us to sort out this Mess we've created so we can all live a Life which everyone can enjoy

0 comments:

Post a Comment