31 May 2012

Day 6: Economic Textbooks are the Blueprints for the Perfect Murder


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be so preoccupied with acting like an intellectual that I have completely forgotten what economics practically means and implies.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to occupy myself with formulating nice theories and drawing fancy graphs that make everything of economy sound so wonderful and even Godly, without considering that all the simplifying assumptions that were made to get to these pretty graphs, are problematic and don’t apply in the real world.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be a servant of the God of Money through devising theories and graphs that make it seem that the economic system indeed works – without opening my eyes and looking at the world, to see the real consequences of worshiping money as God.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that I have been brainwashed through education and training to the point where I can no longer see past even the fundamental principles of the free market system, but keep on building on it and keep on justifying it with more pictures, tables, theories and graphs.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that the numbers on my piece of paper aren’t just numbers but represent real people, real children, real animals and real plants – lives – that I play around with in my economic models, making them fit the picture as well as I can, as long as the math is right.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be more concerned about presenting a neat theoretical model that will gain much appraisal from intellectual academic peers than with real-life issues that require attention, investigation and correction.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to only be worried and concerned about my own life and my own destiny, therefore, even if I am born in a country that is poverty-stricken, not spend one moment of my time on seeing how the economy requires to be adjusted in a way that will assist everyone, but instead – focus on gaining the attention and recognition of economists in the developed world by acting as they do, focusing on the issues that they do and trying to represent the economy in a way that is beautiful and magnificent, while my fellow human beings, even of the country I grew up in, are starving and struggling – because at least, in joining the holy order of economists, I’ll have lifted myself out of that shithole.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise and see how the current economic system creates, allows and justifies murder through poverty and starvation.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that no-one else is going to come to fix the world and that if I have the knowledge and understanding of what the economic system is, then it is my responsibility to question its consequences and implications – and to stand up in exposing it and proposing solutions that will benefit everyone.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that theories are but theories and models are but models, yet that the real world is still out there and that neat pictures and graphs aren’t going to change that – but only make me feel better, make me feel like I have faith – because look at this magnificent system that regulates everything automatically for the apparent betterment of mankind!

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to sacrifice the lives of billions of people every day by accepting the most basic supply and demand curves through completely excluding them from the equation.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that it’s not because the system works in itself, that it works FORLIFE.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that in accepting equilibria and middle roads, it’s simply stating that we’re willing to sacrifice some for the benefit of others – yet, if we place ourselves in the shoes of the ones being sacrificed on the altar of the Almighty God of Free Market – we’d realise it’s not so free after all, because lives have to be paid.

I commit myself to the exposure of the dogmatic beliefs of the value of free market systems and how they in fact allow, create and justify genocide on a global scale.

I commit myself to the exposure of the hypocrisy of economists who have become but servants of God as Money – concerned with nothing but their own status and wealth.

I commit myself to say what needs to be said in order to bring people back with their feet on the muddy ground – where real lives are being lived and real lives are being lost.

I commit myself to stop all compromise through acceptance of middle roads as what is always seen and portrayed to be the perfect solution, hides the evil that perpetuates the suffering in this world.

I commit myself to spreading the basic common sense that equations that do not consider all life equally, are weapons of murder and mass destruction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment